Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wowzerz!

I am going to keep my expectations for this trip in line by saying that I am not sure I will have a day that tops this one! Pretty good seeing as that was my first day on the trip. Ya...twas amazing.

What happened?

1) I said the weather was looking glum but it ended up turning the corner, beautiful day
2) Walked around town to get a feel for how everything works and what the culture is like for a local here
3) Checked out the AMAZING Acropolis and surrounding ruins. Wow (yes I took pictures)
4) Happy hour at the hostel. They have an awesome rooftop bar that overlooks the Parthenon. Met some really cool people from Australia, England, and the states
5) Going out to a club with new friends and others from the hostel. Danced my buns off and had a Great Time doing so
6) The Switzerland Crew: Somehow I ended up mingling with a ton of people from Switzerland--really fun loving people. The best part was the fact that they thought me and my "dancing skills" were a thing of legendary proportion. So if you are not falling off your seat laughing right now, that means you have no idea what these "skills" are like.
7) Getting to bed at 5:30 in the morning.

What a great day!

3 comments:

The Fix said...

wow, that sounds pretty awesome. you should have asked the Switz about Army Knives and the LHC.

That's pretty cool that you can get into clubs up there.

Padre said...

Sounds like youre having a blast. I'm glad to hear youre more than just okay!
(still-dont let your gaurd down)

Looking forward to some pics!

God be with

Justin said...

Legendary dance skillz... ! I'm sure of it too!!!

That's seksi.

Pictures. Damnit. Pictures!