Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stuck

So remember when I talked about changing plans to go to a different island? I had to pay for another ticket which cost some $$$. The good news, kinda, is that because of heavy winds, all boats going to the island I was trying to get to have been canceled. This is kinda cool since I got a refund, but a bit unnerving since know I need to go back to Athens soon, and it looks like boats for tomorrow will be cancelled as well. In translation this means less time in Italy.

The bright side is that I really like this place and the people in it. Today was an attempted recoop day. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I slept a lot during the day-I am slowly becoming nocternal just wait- After that it was back into the main town to hang out and check out the shops. Grabbed some tasty lamb to eat and headed to the disco. I had some fun, but the best part was when I finally met a group of real Greeks, not tourists or immigrants. I was invited to go with them to this cool traditional Greek bar. I quickly noticed that I was the only foreigner in the place, which made it even more awesome. So tomorrow will most likely be me washing clothes and sleeping. I am starting to get sick, and I am sure a lot of that is due to not getting any sleep. Hopefully I will be able to get to Athens soon in order to finish the rest of my trip :0

The 12th will probably be hanging around here again, which means for the 13th, I need to hop on the first boat out of here. If that works out, I will probably get to Athens around 3:00. Next would be a 6 hour bus ride to get to the port to get on another boat to Italy. (maybe another 6 hours?) then it would be a train ride from wherever i get dropped off to Rome. (Another 6 hours?be getting to Rome on the 14th as planned, but maybe a little bit later in the day. Total we are looking at a good 20 hours of sitting doing nothing, 24 I'm sure if you include down time from vessel to vessel.

I'll just keep going with the flow ;)

No comments: