Friday, October 10, 2008

Travel Agents...

I gave not posted anything from yesterday or today...here is the deal--

I got a solid 4 hours or less of sleep two nights ago, (had a very fun night so worth it)

Woke up and said goodbye to some of my new friends, some of them I may be seeing again in Italy. Anyway, I went to a travel agent to purchase a boat ticket to go to Santorini *Spelling? one of the popular Greek islands. We booked a ticket that was really soon, but I thought it was a good idea to do so since it was an overnight boat, meaning I could actually get some sleep (omg) and wake up ready to go for a full day of island fun. Joe travel agent said I had enough time to make it to the boat, so we decided it would be a good idea to book boat tickets for my way out of the second Island I wanted to go to in order to get to Italy in time. Makes sense right? So here is the problem. If you are not old, or--if you are young at heart, you might have a hard time sticking to a specific plan all of the time.

Alright I am typing way too much here is what went down
1) Missed the boat by 2 minutes
2) Had to pay for a second ticket which totally messed up my plans since it was a faster boat getting me to the Island by 2:30 in the morning instead of 7:00
3) So now that means I need a hotel right?
4) But the boat was leaving in just an hour, and it was strongly suggested that I get on ASAP
5) So now I am headed to a place without having a place to stay right?
6) And what time was it again?
7) Ya...
8) Also, did I mention that I decided to go to a different island after Santorini
9) Rendering all the other tickets we booked useless...
10)A slightly costly mistake that I will learn from for sure. I'm glad this is the worst thing that has happened so far
---
*wtf so what happened!?*
I get to the island at 2:30AM
I meet someone from Brazil having the exact same problem not having anywhere to go
We decide we will hang out and just see what happens, so we start walking aimlessly
Literally, two minutes later some guy comes up in a shuttle offering a hotel for 10Euro a piece.
We now have a place to stay
Come to find out it is right next to the hostel I booked for tonight so we checked in there, and headed for the beach just a couple meters away. (ooooh Metric system, look at me I'm so cultured)
Got some tasty seafood and relaxed on the beach.
Then, rented a moto and have seen almost all there is to see already. The sights....beautiful...
The plan is hit the disco tonight, but not too late-use to moto for a couple of hours in the morning, hop on a boat to Makinos, another favorite island. After a night there I will need to get back to Athens, then directly to another port to go to Italy. YaaaY Italy!!!! I am feeling really loopy right now, I know you can already tell. It is because I am hungry. Greek Salad? Euro? Other things I can't spell? We shall see...

3 comments:

Padre said...

If you neglect your sleep you aint gonna remember much.
down shift and recharge!
you still got 10 rounds to go and your already hearing bells!

The Fix said...

wowee... sounds like a crazy day. You gotta teach me the metric system now... I hate our system.

Also,

KNEADS MOAR PIKTURZ

Justin said...

Rawr. Mike's right. :)