Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sveden

Okay, so here is the 411...



After the blog post, I booked another hostel and made my way there. The entire time I was trying to internalize a movie quote of all things..."To let that which does not matter, truly slide" Name That Movie!



It worked really well...



I calmed down, found my hostel, and took airport girls advice and headed out to a place to have a Parativo `Spelling´ What is a Parativo? Let me share a secret with you my friend. In Milan they have happy hour from 1800 to 2100 where you order one drink or more and get an all you can eat buffet. Let me just say I ate my sorrows away. Also, I ended up going to bed at about 10:30 and woke up about 12 hours later.

Me Plus two Jersey guys Plus one German guy all went out to see the sights in Milan. We finished that up in about 1.5 hours and found food worthy of my last supper in Italy. On to the bus to the airline where I meet another really really cool local that I chated with for the 3.5 hour trip. Got in cold and lost but managed to find my hostel after a little searching. Dropped my stuff, headed out. Tonight I will do that again and at some point figure out how to get to my airport on time for once. :) There really is not much to do here in Sweden...and yes...the legend is true.

6 comments:

Padre said...

Happy Birthday son!
You've definitely treated yourself to one heak of a birthday present!
Glad to hear you got pleanty of sleep. Youll need it for the last leg of your trip.

P.S Did you say you cheated with a local???
For three and a half hours???
Whats going on????

Padre said...

Oh, by the way I knew I couldnt get you a gift that would top this trip of yours so I just got you a pair of socks......used......mismatch.......torn... one bootie ..one knee high.....bit stinky......

Justin said...

SVEEEDEN!

Did you meet up with Sophia?

Tobias says... go to Skansen... you'd like it. They have tons of really big, hairy, fat, smelly, hungry ........ animals.

It's a zoo.

But he was saying that there isn't ANYTHING to do in Sweden... so play it up.. :-p

projectfix said...

Sweden isn't about sight seeing. It's about people... and... NORDS!!!!!!!!

Nords ftw, Sweden is a true Nordic country... so... grab a pint... get on a longship... which should have a dragons head on the front... grab some plate armor... an axe or two... flaming arrows... and kill the Irish!

HAIL!!!

if you are to fall in battle... I will meet you in Valhalla brother... May the lord and lady guide your axe! in the name of Týr, son of Odin, who sacrificed his right arm to shackle the beast Fenrir, son of Loki, and who fell to slay the great beast Garmr, who is guardian of Hel, the ruler of Hel. Hail! Hail! Hail!

okay I'm done with the Norse mythology... you see why I want to visit Nordic countries now? so epic... you should try and bring back some souvenirs that have to do with Norse Mythology... that would be amazing.

Padre said...

Mikey
Lay off the drugs.............

The Fix said...

hahaha... but they're so good...