Okay, time to blog out some frustration here...
This has been the first real bump in the road.
Last night was fine. Drinking games at the hostel with the amazing wine, then I went out for a bit to kill sometime before my 4:30am train. Switch trains no problem, but it was delayed by about 20 minutes (not good I have a flight to catch) Then I get to the bus station once I arrive in Milan and they tell me the bus is full and I will need to wait. (even though there are no reservations for the bus) I wait another 20 minutes (see where this is going) and miss my flight to Sweden by about 3 minutes. SOOOO Frustrated. After trying every possible option with them, nothing was going to work out. I ended up going to another airport about 2 hours away, and can not work anything out with a single airline. I was lucky enough to run into a girl that told me all the good things to do around town, and gave me a pep talk about why bad things are good sometimes, you know, character building. Okay so that helped out a little bit, so I go back to the train station to think of options with them. Nothing. Fine, I will go ahead and book a ticket for tomorrow, lose out on a day. I prep up my ticket purchase for tomorrow at 11:00am, find a good hostel to stay for the night, then make sure I have covered all my options for how to get the Sweden the quickest way. Nope, I have the best option, I am going to have a nice shower, go out to the recommended place for dinner, sleep in, rest up, get to Stockholm mid afternoon for a good day.
FALSE
I click the button to book the flight, and it is no longer available. So somewhere in between the 8 minutes that I looked around on the Internet all the seats are taken. I find one and only option to get to Sweden, but it gets me there at 11:30 pm. 2 days wasted. I booked it. There is nothing to do in Milan after 2 hours of checking it out, I am determined to make the best out of my situation. So ya...
Update: After this post the hostel no longer has avaliablilty...
4 comments:
Hey now, go easy on yourself son.
Youve done an oustanding job!
That little lady wasnt telling you no lies! Maybe Sveedn' just aint in the cards... How you handle it is part of your adventure! Stand and be recognized!
....hate to say it but, mom tried talking you out of Sweeden.:)
You'll make the best of it I'm sure!!!!!
Keep your eyes up!
& Chin!
So your mom tried to talk you out of Sweden too, huh? Wasn't there some other girl in your life that was doing the same thing?? hmmmm....
Travel without setbacks isn't real travel- don't worry about it.
Please take care of yourself, make some more new Italian friends, have a fantastic birthday, and swing by NH on your way home.
Good talk.
Good talk...
wtf is that?
good talk. see you out there
Post a Comment