Sunday, October 19, 2008

Florence x2

So I really really really like Florence!

I decided to stay for an extra day and will actually pull an all nighter and take an Early train to Milan and go directly to the airport to head to Sweden. I heard Venice is nice but it is more of a place you would take your lady friend to for some wine and romance. Florence is great, I am happy to stay another day. Last night I got in and walked around the town. Next was home made Italian food from the hostel owner. We also made a trip to a local wine shop. They make their own wine and fill up bottles that you bring in. Me and the friends I made in about 2 minutes went out and got 20 bottles filled of some epic red wine. We hung out at the dinner table for hours eating pasta, drinking, talking and laughing. Then we were given a tour of Florence night life which only about a 10 percent tourist presence which made the night lots of fun. I turned in early (2:30) to get a good start in the morning.

Today me and friends went out to see some of the churches, the Huge David statue which will rock your world. Then we got some wine to go and walked the streets of Florence. We found a great look out point for a beautiful sunset and finished off our wine and Swiss chocolate. After exploring the rest of the area, we came back to the hostel which is where I am at now. Food is being prepared, including more Italian meet balls and some type of pasta. I will stay out late tonight and get the train at 4 ish to start the Sweden trip. Florence has been the highlight of Italy no doubt!

3 comments:

The Fix said...

you sir... are having the time of your life! holy balls! (meat balls of course EL OH EL OMG IM SO FUNNY)

dude, you are so lucky... I want to taste wine from Florence.... :'(... what a bunch of winning you are doing over there.

Have fun getting to Sweden!! Can't wait to hear some posts from there... Sweden is awesome, say "Hi" to Falconer for me.

Unknown said...

Damn it Chris, I want to be you!

Padre said...

WOW! all these places sound so wonderful!
Its too bad you didnt take your camera er, oh wait, YOU DID take your camera!!!!
It's too bad you dont know how to upload photos. er, oh wait, YOU DO KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS!!

I guess part of the adventure is to use our emagination..........