Day One:
Arrived mid day from Prague. Felt ill. Rested. Hung out at the hostel with some peeps. Early night
Day Two:
Woke up and went for a run. Came back and got ready to do a tour of the city...passed out for an hour or so. Walked around the Berlin wall, searched for the rental car place, did a tour of the city, learned a lot about the history of Berlin-very interesting! Pub crawl after that. Nothing but us foreigners being moved about into unpopular bars. I had a few beers and called it a night.
Day Three:
Walked a long the Funky streets of Berlin. Checked out some cool shops. Did a tour of the "Alternative scene and wall artwork" Gained an appreciation for all the covered walls I've seen walking around town. Went into an art gallery ran by people who have been squatting in this building since the fall of the Berlin wall. Really neat art work in there. Came back and met some Australians, got some tasty Indian food. I went with them to one of their friend's hostel to hang out until it got later in the evening for this really famous underground venue to open up. It's basically a dance club in an old warehouse, not advertised but we still waited in line for what felt like an hour. The trick is, they wont let anyone in that they hear speak English. One of the door men is this crazy looking big guy with tattoos all over his face and a silver grill. We were doing alright until they asked how many were in our party. One of the guys said the number in English--and we were promptly invited to leave in a not so nice way. The rest of my night was spent at Mcdonalds which was the only warm place open for us to get something to eat and figure out what to do next. I decided to part ways and get back to the hostel so I could do an update, pack up, and head out to my 6:30 train for Amsterdam. I'm really excited for that. Note to self, go to Berlin when you know someone who lives there.
P.S. I wasn't able to rent a car, they were all out of any type of nice/fast car. So...next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment